This year is Nelson Mandela’s centennial celebration and we are spending our 67 minutes uplifting the Pinetown Court Children’s room. The room is currently a little bare and we are going to be refurbishing and furnishing the room to make it as comfortable as possible for these kids. We are providing as much as we can for this project but if anyone can assist with the following second-hand items, we would be so grateful!
– LOTS of books (in good condition), suitable from 4-18 years of age.
There is a huge book case we need to fill.
– Colouring books & crayons
– Young boys building toys
– Toys suitable for young girls
– Puzzles suitable for young adults
– A small play table & 4 small chairs
– Big cushions & ottomans for the rest area
– A small fridge for the waiting room
In addition to the Pinetown Court upliftment, we have also partnered with Hillcrest High School to pack and collect 670 rape comfort bags to distribute to Thuthuzela care centres around the country. If anyone can assist with donating the following care items, please get in touch:
– Soap and a new facecloth
– Sanitary pads
– A small pack of tissues
– New underwear
– Body lotion
– A handbag to place these items in
You can also help us with packing the handbags on the day if you have time to volunteer. To assist with any of the above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org